The University Information Technology Services Tape Library has approximately 19,640 (3480 and 3490E) cartridges as well as reels of tapes. This area provides services to Administrators, Faculty, Staff, Computer Center programmers and a variety of outside Users such as the UConn Health Center and UConn branches.
The Tape Library is located on the ground floor of the Math/Science Building, 196 Auditorium Rd. in the Operations area, Room M032.
The Tape Librarian is available Monday - Friday 8:00 - 4:30.
A Computer Operator is available to answer tape questions after hours and weekends.
Tape Library services include:
- Assists User understanding tape concepts
- Provides General Information on
- Cartridge Usage
- Cartridge Specifications
- Purchase and Estimated Cost
- Other Tape Media
- Cataloging User's tapes
- Assigns UCC Cartridges for use
- Copy data to UConn Cartridge
- View data for format &content
- Create 'SL' or 'NL' tape format
- Copy out data for User
- Provide secure area for User's tape data
- Rotate cartridges off site security
- Limited mailing of tapes
- General maintenance insure reliability
- Generates documentation on stored tapes
- Maintains tape scratch pool thresholds
- Maintains Inventory and Tape Supplies
Any tape Questions?? Direct them to the Tape Librarian at: